Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone fish for perch in erie in the spring? i always fish for them in the fall but never the spring. if so are the traditonal falls spots good places to fish or are they closer in to shore?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Spring perch fising can be very good on Erie with little pressure most guys after walleye , the cuts and canals around Erie Metro can very good along with docks cuts and canals in the islands in the lower Detroit River , I've done well fishing bob lo docks in the spring . The banana dike also can be good the spring . They seem school up after the spawn in deeper water then disappear to late summer .

Larry

·
collector
4,440 Posts
After the spawn.. the fishing is very good in the deep water... mid to late may out towards the end of the Toledo Channel just befor the mayfly hatch is typically good.... just look for some boats that are anchored up and they should be fishing for perch... you might have to move a few time to find them... but the fish run pretty big out there at times....

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Well, there are about a million spots in the lower river area, pm me if you want a few. Most of these spots are well known by locals, but, a few are a bit more secret. Last spring was nuts, lots of dinks, but, a ton of nice perch, usually non stop action.

Those canals are VERY hit and miss. I mean, literally one day you will get 30-40 9+ inchers, a 2 days later, you will get skunked at the very same spot. I will be trying those in my kayak on Sunday, might do some evening fishing in the boat if the ice flows aren't bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts