Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of u ice anglers out there fish around stoney point often on hard ice? just wonderin cuz i fish out there every day during the summer and i'd like to see how it is out there on ice. never fished out there before in the winter so id like to know what there is to catch out there and how and when, mainly around stoney point and down towards bolles harbor and luna pier. I dont ice fish much so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have fished off Brest Bay a few times during the winter, the big target is always the perch with the occasional walleye being caught also. I have always used teardrops and jigging raps tipped with minnows and those have seemed to work for me.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
last year, they pulled plenty of limits of walleye out of brest bay through the ice.

this year may never happen.....due to the lack of low temps. if it does freeze, just contact brest bay marina for up-to-date ice and fishing conditions.

P.S. we are pretty much neighbors.....i lived in monroe for over 30 years, now residing just north in newport. get in touch with me when the water freezes, i can show you a couple good places to fish. BTW...im the real bass boss of this county.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the info fellas, cant wait to lay into some wallys now that deer killin seasons over. and jst, you'll have to back up that claim as the REAL BassBoss. you'll have to put the big boy pants on and let me know when YOU catch a largemouth several ounces off of the state record. hahahahahahahaha!!

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
just trying to get a rise out of ya bassboss88......no harm in kidding around. maybe we can hook up for some bass fishing next season.

p.s. i wear the big boy pants every day.....I'M FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jst u right, no harm no foul. and i agree about the big boy pants, cuz im a plump one as well. thanx for the info anyways, tight lines and safe ice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts