Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is nice to have a good bite late into summer this year.
Launched out of Sterling and fished near dumping grounds.
We pulled 18 fish by 11:30
All cranks at 2.0 Wiggle warts, Deep Little Rippers 50-60 back and Bandits and Reef Runners 35-45 back.
Go get em

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
How were the weeds? We fished on Sunday for a while on the CAN side by Holiday Beach and the weeds were horrible. Couldn't go more than 50 feet without having all 4 lines fouled with weeds. We gave up and went into the river for smallies, which was also a huge bust.
I fished 18 FOW right outside the park on Saturday and didn't see a weed.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The
It is nice to have a good bite late into summer this year.
Launched out of Sterling and fished near dumping grounds.
We pulled 18 fish by 11:30
All cranks at 2.0 Wiggle warts, Deep Little Rippers 50-60 back and Bandits and Reef Runners 35-45 back.
Go get em
The weds were non existent algae isn't bad enough yet. Lots of wood debris still.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Saturday water by SSP was good. I did hear the bite was a little better on Saturday further south near the dumping grounds. I am so glad the fish are still hanging out shallow in Michigan Waters. Good luck

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Awesome! Love pulling crank baits for a change! Thanks for the report
Jay

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm with you Lone Ranger , I love everything about cranks over dragging meat ! Seems to me there is only one time of year where harnesses work better and that is the change from spring to summer ! I still use cranks though if I'm not in the river still ... Crankbaits are king :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts