Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this whole virus thing is nutz.
But down here in SE Florida, they have CLOSED THE BOAT RAMPS!!!!!!!!!!

They are positioning police to prevent you from accessing the ramp.

Crazy times that I don't understand. Glad you guys are fishing!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
So this whole virus thing is nutz.
But down here in SE Florida, they have CLOSED THE BOAT RAMPS!!!!!!!!!!

They are positioning police to prevent you from accessing the ramp.

Crazy times that I don't understand. Glad you guys are fishing!!!!!!!!
Is that just the publicly owned or the private ones also? Can't see how they can close the private ones. What kind of law did they pass to close the others?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are not very many private ramps. All part of city/county parks
They closed all public parks and included the ramps

·
Registered
11,172 Posts
Is that just the publicly owned or the private ones also? Can't see how they can close the private ones. What kind of law did they pass to close the others?
They closed privately owned restaurants and bars. The governer can easily mandate that private boat launches be banned too. Both are just a business that people patronize.

I dont get it because a boat launch is relatively low risk i would think. I can see where restrooms or porta johns on the premises might be an issue.

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
They closed privately owned restaurants and bars. The governer can easily mandate that private boat launches be banned too. Both are just a business that people patronize.

I dont get it because a boat launch is relatively low risk i would think. I can see where restrooms or porta johns on the premises might be an issue.
I agree with the statements made after your post (as well as yours), just how much risk would be at a launch ramp. Drinking or eating establishments I can understand as people are handling your food, silverware, dishes and tables. Don't believe you have anything, other than the toilets, that would be touched by people that could cause an infection. But who knows, government is government and they think they need to control us.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Most boat launches lately have been packed. Touching the dock posts is one way and standing on dock with others waiting to launch or load boats is another. Many tourneys have cancelled on side of caution. Very hard to keep your distance from fellow contestants with 100- 200 anglers/ spectators launching/ loading/ weigh in/ shootin the breeze ect...Bitch all you want, stay home then dont complain if you get it cuz you think your above the rest. Take the risk take the consequences. You sir DS worked for the government so your fully aware of how it works.

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
They ordered private business establishments closed here, in Michigan

·
Registered
906 Posts
Most boat launches lately have been packed. Touching the dock posts is one way and standing on dock with others waiting to launch or load boats is another. Many tourneys have cancelled on side of caution. Very hard to keep your distance from fellow contestants with 100- 200 anglers/ spectators launching/ loading/ weigh in/ shootin the breeze ect...Bitch all you want, stay home then dont complain if you get it cuz you think your above the rest. Take the risk take the consequences. You sir DS worked for the government so your fully aware of how it works.
Couldn’t agree more. The people taking no precautions are the ones that will be screaming the loudest when they get sick. It’s going to be a battle and we are on the front lines and it’s as easy as staying home to fight it and support the poor health care workers that are overwhelmed by this. China got this under control because when the government said stay home they listened for fear of being beaten to death. People here are greedy and selfish and don’t think it will affect them

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think that officials need to take a hard look at what they are closing based on risks. I can understand beaches and other areas where people congregate for hours in one spot but boat launches are different as they are open air and people are in and out and interacting is at a minimum. You need to give people an outlet of some sort otherwise you will start seeing some social unrest after a month or so if people are confined to homes. Unfortunately, I can see domestic violence issues really becoming a problem as this stretches on from weeks to a months.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 20 of 54 Posts