Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've heard that that Eastern has a public gun range somewhere on campus or at least nearby, but all I can find for it online is the DNR website's posting of it having a small indoor and 100y outdoor range. I'm assuming its for the ROTC program, but would like to know more about it, especially if its a place I could potentially go target shoot at once and a while. Anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
10,073 Posts
ISLAND lAKE, PUBLIC..........Firing line in westland......, private If you can put up with them would be W.W.C.C.A..

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ISLAND lAKE, PUBLIC..........Firing line in westland......, private If you can put up with them would be W.W.C.C.A..
I know about all those places just wondering about the eastern one, and if it really even exists since it is listed in the dnr's website.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Nope nothing public at EMU. I think that they may have even stopped shooting at their indoor range at Roosevelt hall (ROTC buidling) last I heard. I don't even think that their DPS officers use it for firearms (i'll ask my buddy on Monday for sure). I have shot there acouple of times there several years ago for firearm quals for my PD, but that was atleast 10 years ago.

I think that any of the shooting classes that EMU offers for Phys Ed electives are held at the Washtenaw County Sportsmans club (or atleast they were 14years ago when I went to EMU).

No clue where they would have a 100yard outdoor range. I went to EMU and work in the area and have never see or heard of one affliated with the school.

J-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts