Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
If I remembering correctly from this past summer...

Was accompanied on a trip out on the big lake out of South Haven with SalmonSlayer and Spanky and we were lucky enough to hook up with a few fish. I do have one of the rechargable electric fillet knives and at the cleaning station afterward when we were just starting to clean those fish... Spanky asked me if I wanted to sharpen my blades for the knife as he did have a sharpener for them. It is actually something like a small round file that you just kinda slide down thru the teeth at an angle. It worked pretty darn good too as there was a noticeable difference after being sharpened.

Don't quote me on this... but I think he said that they were something like $25... but I am not exactly sure where he got it at. I will point out this thread to him and hopefully he can elaborate and give you some more info.

I hope this helps.

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Hello all, and thanks for "retrieving" me to the thread Don. Don is right. The sharpener is a long round file that is slightly tapered. It is made by DMT or something like it. The same company who makes the diamond impregnated hones and hook sharpeners. It is slightly tapered from 1/8" to 1/4" and is real easy to sharpen those serrated blades with it. I think it takes about 3-5 minutes per blade, and they are "dangerously " sharp!

They are hard to come by and cost around 20-22 bucks, they make a medium and a course, ( red handle or blue handle).
I wish I could tell ya where to find them, but they are hard to find. I bought the last two that D and R sports had, and they said their distributor was not handling them any more. Good luck with your search.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts