Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any input on EEE? My school system is now banning all outdoor field trips, changing sports times, not allowing any school events after dusk, or before dawn in fear of being bitten by a mosquito. What are your thoughts?? Will this sway your hunting at all?? Just wondering, people have died in Berrien, Cass, and VanBuren Counties. Or at least they have cases in those Counties.

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
I have read a bit on it. I am not in the immediate area where this is happening, but I will continue to hunt and fish and be outside like normal.

I could also get hit by a car today...I'll take my chances continuing to live my life.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I live less than 10 miles from the 2 guys who got it in Berrien County. Why wife was worried about my son and I doing the youth hunt last weekend, but we only saw about 3 mosquitoes all weekend. Didn't even have to use the Thermacell until Sunday night.

·
Banned
6,739 Posts
I feel itchy.

Reactions: stickbow shooter

·
Administrator
17,403 Posts
I will use insect repellent for the early antlerless in the SLP. Hopefully it won't be needed in the NeLP for the opening week.
<----<<<

Reactions: Whitetail_hunter

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I believe the 3rd person just died from this. I am not worried too much, but it is definitely something to be aware of and understand the symptoms. They now have gone to 8 counties.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Fortunately, northwest Allegan County has been relatively bug free after the very wet spring we had. If I was getting bit more often, it would increase my concerns.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Large predators with fangs and sharp claws get all the hype but in real life situations it is the little things that we need to watch our for. FM

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Large predators with fangs and sharp claws get all the hype but in real life situations it is the little things that we need to watch our for. FM
Over the course of history, mosquitoes have been responsible for the death of more people than any other single cause.

Including the Clintons

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
I will use DEET this weekend at Pointe Mouillee. I always do. The threat of mosquito born disease is real, BUT, the idea of itchy bumps is more likely. That is enough reason to spray. Killed two problems that way.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts