Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody received Ed Spin"s new food plot book in the mail? I haven't received it yet and my last bank statement showed that my check hadn't been cashed yet either. Hopefully they're just running behind with their shipping. I'm really looking forward to reading and digesting the material in the new book.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
:yeahthat:

I've got the order form and will send the money as soon as the books are in and shipping........

Can anybody give us some updated info on this project????

NB

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I'm becomming a little disapointed with the progress here. I know that sometimes things happen and that we need to continue to give this time. However, I ordered a few books for friend's X-Mas gifts. I hope that they do not have to wait much past the end of January to get them, it takes a little away from the gift.

Dave

G

·
Sorry about this guys.

The book has been in the hands of the National QDMA since early April for publishing, layout, editing and proof reading. Turns out the national has been swamped with work, they moved into a new headquarters building recently and had an open house. Their priority is getting out the Quality Whitetails journal with the book second or third. They are short staffed. They originally thought that September would be doable.

Here is the story today.

The book has been proof read five times, Dan Timmons, Michigan Wordsmith, QDMA founder, Joe Hamilton, QDMA Executive Director Brian Murphy, Lindsay Thomas, QDMA Managing Editor and Kent Kammermeyer for technical content. Erin Miller has spent countless hours on the cover and layout.

I recieved word last wednesday from Erin that the book is completely finished and will send the book electronically to the printer on monday January 9th. I called the printer last friday and asked them, "What's next and when can we expect delivery"?

They said that they will fedex me and Brian a proof copy within days and as soon as we fedex back our changes if any they start the presses. They said that a shipment around the 20th of January is doable.

I recently recieved a manuscript copy from Erin for me to make a final review and note changes, which I did and sent back

I was amazed at the quality of the book of 182 pages and not because I wrote it but the total layout and input of professionals. My silly way of expression is still quite visible but the structure of arrangement and other important aspects of creating a work of art is quite evident.

The QDMA will also have this book for sale and they have put on their famous logo on the front cover. I'm honored by their faith in this book and now understand more so their slow pace. They really believe in Quality.

Thanks for your patience and preprinting purchase of the book. I like it, I just may buy one myself.

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
I already ordered mine. :)

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
EdSpin04 said "I like it, I just may buy one myself."

Nuff said! I'm getting a couple of copies, 1 for me 1 to loan out.

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
Ed Spin04 said:
Steve, you don't. You already paid for yours, remember?
Hey Ed - remember I ordered mine too :yikes: :lol: :lol: remember??? :lol:

No???

Just kidding - I'll surly get mine on order thou !

ferg....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ed,

Will you have copies of the new book available at the Deer classic?

G

·
Oldguy, (are you really), I sure hope to have them with me starting at the huntin Expo at the Grand Rapids Huntin Expo at the DeltaPlex in a couple of weeks. We will be at the other shows including Birch run, Lansing Deer Spectacular and the Novi MUCC Outdoorrama.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts