Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water at 8:15am first pass was a 18"smallmouth bass, next 2 passes boated two walleye 21" and a 23" . Went a few more passes and boated a 26" channel cat. The first 45 minutes was loaded with action...... then it was a 2 hours of nothing but a boat ride. :sad: Weeds were spotty, most of it was short so it was easy to shake off the lines. Callled it a day around 11:00 but it was nice to get back out after a few weeks away from the river. :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
It sounds like you did just as good as anyone one on the lake. Did you get em jigging or pulling wire? Might try to get out there for perch on sunday but will try for eyes if I cant locate the perch.

Lou

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
WOW! That is great. What was the method to your madness? I have struggled latley, and have no walleye left in my freezer. Those 2 would have made my day.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bottom bounce aound mud island with homemade crawler harnesses. I marked a school I believe were perch near mud. After an hour of no walleye, I tried to locate the school, but must of been moving on through.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
It jigging time again, try it this time of year, you might be surprise how well it works over pulling Harnesses......Dont get me wrong, I love pulling Harnesses, especially after the spring when you think your Arm is going to fall off from jigging 100,000 times or so through out the spring.....:lol::lol:

Mushy

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't remember the last time I've jigged for walleye. Had to be a few years ago. I'm not much on the jigging, could be that heavy Ugly Stick I use :lol:.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use 3 and 4 oz bouncers depending on the speed I'm running at. I've caught walleye running 3.5 to 3.9 mph so you need a heavy bottom bouncer to get it down. My ave speed is around 2.4 mph.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It jigging time again, try it this time of year, you might be surprise how well it works over pulling Harnesses......Dont get me wrong, I love pulling Harnesses, especially after the spring when you think your Arm is going to fall off from jigging 100,000 times or so through out the spring.....:lol::lol:

Mushy
....What he said.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts