Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of swinging by the Gemini Lakes that have the SF Campgrounds on them and I was wondering if anyone has fished these lakes before and if anyone has other info on the fish that can be found there. Several of the usual generic lake/fish websites say you can find the usual suspects in the lake, but I was hoping for some personal experiences. I think the North campground has some sort of improvised launch, and from the South you can drop a canoe or a rowboat, but how much pressure does the lake see from fishing?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Tight lines!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Stayed there at S. Gemini a few years ago to fish the streams in Pic. Rocks in the spring. That campground is now closed. It was included in a number of SF campgrounds that were shut down to save money.

Never fished the lake but as you suspect the usual suspects would be around. Check the DNR stocking query.
http://www.michigandnr.com/fishstock/

I would have to say that I don't think it gets a ton of pressure.
A. The DNR closed the campground down on it
B. Its kinda in the middle of nowhere
C. There are like 4 cottages/camps on it(pry more but you get my drift, not too many)

·
Registered
586 Posts

The north campground is very nice with a good ramp. I launch my 16ft there without anyissues. We fished it in the spring a fewyears back and caught some nice small mouths and pike but I have been told itis a good perch and walleye lake. I likehow the camp ground sits somewhat on a cliff overlooking the lake would be verynice this time of year. Have Fun....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Was thinking of swinging by the Gemini Lakes that have the SF Campgrounds on them and I was wondering if anyone has fished these lakes before and if anyone has other info on the fish that can be found there. Several of the usual generic lake/fish websites say you can find the usual suspects in the lake, but I was hoping for some personal experiences. I think the North campground has some sort of improvised launch, and from the South you can drop a canoe or a rowboat, but how much pressure does the lake see from fishing?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Tight lines!
Probly miniumum pressure. Stopped by for a day trip mid week would estimate the campground was 3/4 full. I was the only one on the lake all day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts