Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking off tomorrow for the eastern UP and was wondering if anyone has a link or info on were to find a map listing recent(5-10) year aspen clearings. I've got some private land to hunt and did well last year on it. But I'm always looking for a new adventure. A few years ago I would have just drove around looking but with gas as it is, I would be broke by the time I found some(tight budget)
DNR said they had such a map but never got back with me on it.
Any help would be.......helpful:lol:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! thanks Ralf, we'll be east from there, closer to Barbeau but thats not far from there. Are you getting out anytime with the dog? and on a completely different subject, whats up with the lake?
I got those "Transition Blues" sounds like good song title, mabye I'll write it.

·
Super Moderator
20,772 Posts
We finally went out for birds on Sunday. Great numbers and not too far from camp. We'll be back out this week. The dog was flawless despite his age.

Don't discount Drummond. It's been managed for as long as I can remember.

I hear on the lake. After the 19th I'll start hitting it hard. Been too damn busy at work to head out during the week, besides all the close launches are choked with oil covered weeds

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
hmmm still no huron forest maps on that link (thanks though)- all manistee... does anyone happen to have this PDF file? My copy was accidently sent back with a library book on trouts streams.... :(:help:
Steve,
Its not on the web. Ask them via email to mail the copies to your house. Supposedly I have some en route to my house now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts