Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up for the weekend--yeah I will pay TOP DOLLAR for fuel.....

Does anyone know how dry the E/UP is? I need to try to plant some clover and don't know if the tractor will make it into the swamp.

I don't want to pay the $$ for fuel if I can't get the work done. Anyone been up lately??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info---My swamp is between Rudyard and Pickford---I hope the weather holds--sounds like storms are comming though

·
Registered
36,658 Posts
Here's a link that may be able to help you out somewhat, scroll down to the bottom. If you could access your plot last year at this time you should be able to get there this coming holiday weekend. This year has had weather patterns similar to 2006.

http://www.nass.usda.gov/weather/cpcurr/mi-crop-weather

I'm also hoping to do some planting this weekend. I sprayed two weeks ago so I should be weed/grass free where I'm planning on planting.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
I did some work on a customer's property SE of Rudyard a little over 2 weeks ago and it was dry then...even in the low areas. It had dried considerably compared to a month prior. In fact, he was having food plots installed and they were having no problems moving their machines around and clearing the openings.

In the central U.P. we had 3 inches in 3 rains from 5/8 to 5/15, but only 3/8th since the 15th. Pretty dry all over and we didn't get the rain we were supposed to last night-none! Could be a dangerous Memorial weekend with all the campfires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts