Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 for 2 this am. Both at sunup. First (16lb) on a Dipsy (set on 3) 200 ft back in 120 FOW. Glow fish catcher on Blue/glow NOrthport Nailer.

2nd 120 FOW, Downrigger at 9O ft lighted J plug. 14lb king.

The question I have.... what about after sunup. My action typically nosedives. Should I switch rigs, etc? Generally I fish temp around 49-52 degrees. Please help...

·
Registered
225 Posts
When I fished the East Bay (assuming we're talking about East Grand Traverse Bay) the last week of July, I was on the water with lines down before sunrise several times and never hooked anything before 8:00 a.m. Perhaps things have changed, or maybe my program just works better after sun-up, or it could be that the locations I was fishing are just more productive later in the morning.

I'm heading back up tomorrow for a week. I know most of the skippers up that way are not too chatty, but let's compare notes. Wallygator on 68.

Roy

·
Registered
769 Posts
The worst part about the bays is after 10:00am you might as well start fishing for trout because getting a salmon to bite mid day is just about impossible on the bays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts