Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get into some early pike this year on lsc. I am usualy jigging in the detroit river in the mornings and was thinking of make a hole day out of the trips by targeting some big pike after noon. What works best and what general areas are good in the early spring?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
267 Posts
Many of the good spots for early Pike are a long drive from the Detroit River. I've read about some real big Pike in the lower Detroit river in the spring. I think the article was talking about fishing marinas around this time of year. That maybe something to try.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Hey Slime...We recently got permission to use a place up on the Sny. We are planning a trip up there the last weekend in March.. Do you think all the ice will be gone by then?? We duck hunt up there alot, but never done a whole lot of fishing in the flats. any basic advice would be appreciated..andy

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's been quite a while since I fished the sny in the spring, but the pike action was always quite good off of the channel edges. We would do pretty well at the T junction down by the Yacht Club. Where the T junction ends there is a nice weed edge (there is a sewer cover in the water there) where we have picked up some nice pike in the spring. Anything with a spinner on it, preferably white, should do well. Hope this helps. As I said, it has been a long time, so I hope this is still true. The perch action was quite good along the weed edges in the sny itself specifically on the far shore across from the telephone poles.
Good luck and let us know how you do!

·
Registered
267 Posts
ahartz,
I haven't fished the sny for Pike yet. The area looks great and their should be plenty of fish in the cuts. I have fished the same type of area on the middle channel early in the year. I've seen 40" fish but they always had lock-jaw for any hardware. In the next few weeks i want to try dead bait in the same areas.
You might want to try and get some feedback from ESOX. I think he does that type of fishing as much as anyone.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Ahartz,
Your old buddy here. Speaking of the sny. I'm planning on getting out there first light saturday. I'll let you know.
Jim

·
Registered
400 Posts
The sny comes off the north channel right across from Deckers Landing which is at the end of Anchor Bay Dr.
There's a place to launch there if your boat isn't to big.
Anchor Bay Dr. is between Fairhaven and the Colony on M-25. While crossing the flats you'll see a party store with a road next to it. Thats Anchor Bay Dr.
If you launch there go out of the canal and make a left and you'll see a club just across the north channel. The sny starts on the other side of it. You can't miss it. I'm not sure if the docks are in there yet though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts