Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Found some today at a early spot I fish. Had a feeling they were going to be there. Around 1PM the water warmed a degree or 2 and it was game on.2 and half fow, weighted bobber, size 6 gold true turn and walleye minnows. On a 9 ft bnm rod.
Just finished getting the boat ready. I will be out chasing the specs this weekend.. weather forecast is looking good at 60 degrees on Sunday!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was out in Jackson county, they love to go back in the canals to get the warm water and sun themselves and eat minnows. Water was still cold, no temperature I'm shore fishing. Been chasing dem specs for 40 years and it's the same thing every year. I'm in a shallow and nasty brush chocked canals. Good luck, post your pics and report on this thread. Let's see some hogs.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a little tip for everybody, Toward the end of this Years ice season I started using Walleye minnows for perch. And what I noticed I was getting bigger fish and small ones could not get their mouth on the bait. So I had some left over minnows from perch fishing Saturday use them Sunday and found the same thing to be true the big fish loved the big Minnows. JMO good luck and hookem in the lips On a gold true Turn.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So who's gonna be out this weekend Chasing some specs, I'm talking slabs. Looking like we have some decent weather for the weekend, Mid to late afternoon they should be turned on. Go big or go home lol. Good luck and hookem in the lips on a gold true turn. Sure there will be the usual breeze, I prefer the breeze it keeps your bobber moving dragging the minnow downwind gets them slabs turn on.

·
Registered
322 Posts
So who's gonna be out this weekend Chasing some specs, I'm talking slabs. Looking like we have some decent weather for the weekend, Mid to late afternoon they should be turned on. Go big or go home lol. Good luck and hookem in the lips on a gold true turn. Sure there will be the usual breeze, I prefer the breeze it keeps your bobber moving dragging the minnow downwind gets them slabs turn on.
I will be out there!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Slab chaser is loaded and ready for action. Be starting a 12 pm when the water is starting to warm up, got the minnow bucket loaded with walleye minnows and fat heads. Fresh bag of weighted bobbers ,and true turn hooks ,gold color .good luck and hookem in the lips. Will post up pics live on the water.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm definitely thinking a limit if I get on them quick .if not it's a good day to get out and chase them slabs.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Slab chaser is loaded and ready for action. Be starting a 12 pm when the water is starting to warm up, got the minnow bucket loaded with walleye minnows and fat heads. Fresh bag of weighted bobbers ,and true turn hooks ,gold color .good luck and hookem in the lips. Will post up pics live on the water.
I with you! Heading out shortly!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I don't feel bad now, lol. I got a ton of bass and no crappie. They moved to the main lake until the spawning starts. Which won't be long, I didn't see any in the canals. No bait fish either. It won't be long ,moon isn't helping either.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts