Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was traveling around to a few smaller streams today and thought I saw what may very well have been a glimpse of a couple early steelies. The water was too dirty for me to say for sure, but I have a hunch they were what I thought they were.....FALL STEELIES!! Just curious if anyone's spotted any early fall run steelhead for sure yet, in whatever U.P. waters it is you fish or frequent? Please and thank you for any responses I get. I'm not 'new" to steelhead fishing, yet still need a lot more knowledge about it before I can call myself 'good' at it. Haha...seriously though, I've chased them hard for past 3 years and landed less than a few :-/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skamania or Atlantic Salmon is my guess. I have seen a few since mid July
I hear ya, and I've also heard of some early reported salmon sightings. There's some of those in rivers for sure.

BUT I've been going around all morning checking out other waters to see what's shakin, and to my surprise I spotted another lunker. This time in clear site, however.....STEELIES indeed fellers!!! I even snapped good pic, I'll post when I can.....hopefully I'll land a BIG fatty in meantime too that I can show off :-D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the pic of a Steelhead I found just today in a very small stream...BOO-YAH!! Tis the season ladies and gents, and damn does that ever get me stoked, HA! Time to go out and get mine.

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1439489373.963273.jpg

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Looks like a nice healthy one. Sometimes the spring run steelies just never make it back to the lake. I know of two rivers in the UP that hold steelhead all summer long I just don't want to fight with the bugs to fish for them.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Looks like a nice healthy one. Sometimes the spring run steelies just never make it back to the lake. I know of two rivers in the UP that hold steelhead all summer long I just don't want to fight with the bugs to fish for them.
um, wandering summer run...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts