Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone tell me where I can find the "E buoy"? I dont know how to input navigation points into my gps yet so just general area, what waters Ohio, CA or Mi maybe what channel its on. Thank you

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
You should be able to bring up your cursor on your GPS, then move it ESE from sterling, when you get close to 41 54/83 06 showing, you can zoom in and move the cursor closer till you get it to those numbers. Mark waypoint where cursor is. E bouy is SE of the last set of channel markers running at the same angle as the channel markers. It is on the border of Canada/Ohio but in Ohio waters. You could head towards the channel marks and just follow them along till you get the bouy. But learn to use that GPS, it may just save your life someday.

·
Registered
295 Posts
pretty much straight out of Bolles . There are a set of bueys for sailboats. A N, E, S,W and a C in the middle. They are pretty much out from Toledo Beach. And are around the dumping grounds. It has been awhile since I have been over there late enough for the cans to be in.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Just a correction....ebijack might of had a typo. Its the mi/oh border.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Lol....i knew someone would chime in on that one. Generally they call the other one e can. And the popular sailboat one e bouy. 49/21 will get you close

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Just a correction....ebijack might of had a typo. Its the mi/oh border.
Nope, the E bouy I've been fishing for years is in Ohio and closer to the Canadian line and a few miles east of MI waters. It's NW of west sister and you'll see alot of boats fishing it from early summer on. The first pic Seadated posted.
Guess it depends on which one the guy was looking for. Kind of like alot of folks call the sputnik "mc'donalds" but mc'donalds is the brightly painted cement structure SW of the turn around and the sputnik.

·
Outdoorblog.net Member
7,012 Posts
Nope, the E bouy I've been fishing for years is in Ohio and closer to the Canadian line and a few miles east of MI waters. It's NW of west sister and you'll see alot of boats fishing it from early summer on. The first pic Seadated posted.
Guess it depends on which one the guy was looking for. Kind of like alot of folks call the sputnik "mc'donalds" but mc'donalds is the brightly painted cement structure SW of the turn around and the sputnik.
I have always knew Mc Donalds has the Green and white cement tower on the shipping channel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts