Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Duncan Lk. in NW Barry County today. Fished the north end, but quite south of the boat launch. 30ft. of water. Picked up a half dozen 7.5-8" gils. One perch. It was slow, but once we found the fish, we caught quite a few. The ones reported were only the ones I took home. No flags today. I heard theres not many pike in there.. Anyone ever fish this lake... have any info?

Casey

·
Registered
271 Posts
there are pike there, but i have only ever cuaght them in the summer. I don't do much pike fishing through the ice.

we have caught quite a few while bass fishing w/ spinnerbaits, etc. so i know they are there.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Consider it my home lake. I have pulled one Pike out of it and have had a few breaks. Lots of bass. Decent size bluegills and crappie. Very few perch. Don't eat to much out of it. It use to be polluted really bad. A lot of the septics ran into the lake and run off from the local farmers and houses. Don't fish it in the summer if you hate boats buzzing ya. Boats will be out by about 8:00 in the morning and into the dark at night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts