Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another site but though I get some of your ideas due you think dogs dream? I use to have a old hound mix that would yip and kick her legs while she slept just like she was running a rabbit even though she never hunted a day in her life. Here is a picture of my youngest setter after hunting two days in freezing rain, sleet, and snow. So is he dreaming or just glad to be warm and dry?

·
Registered
26,524 Posts
Yep, I"ve seen them do that also and the only conclusion is they do dream.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I used to be able to get my roommates shorthair to go crazy. When it would start running and growling in its sleep, I would start whispering, "Where's the bird," and "Hunt 'em up," type stuff we would say in the field. It would get the dog going even more. I bet they were good huntin' dreams.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My husky runs, wimpers and his eyes roll around while he's sleeping. He's definitely dreaming.
My setter pup hasn't done any of it. but he's still young.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
My older Britt dreams almost everytime she goes to sleep. The barks, growls, shakes, her tongue hangs out of her mouth, etc... She's either sleeping or has one hell of a case of sleep induced epilepsy;) My younger britt does dream some, but he usually just snores so loud it wakes me up. What's funny is when we first started to let our younger Britt sleep out of the crate with us after he was house broken, he would bark at growl at our older Britt when she was dreaming. It would really freak him out.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine sure does. He falls asleep on the living room floor most every night and about 15 minutes later he starts wagging his tail starts beating the floor.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I gotta say yes to the dreams too.

My girlfriend and I call them "puppy dog dreams!" :D Both PJ & Lexi will fall asleep and sometimes soon after we will see the muscles in their legs start to twitch like they were chasing after something!!!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
My Brittany dreams too, she will be sound asleep and the legs start twitching and she will start barking quietly, there have been times that she will wake herself up.
When she gets good and tired she likes to lay on her back, last night I heard her snoring too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I believe that dog's dream. I know my Brit's do.

I just hope that they are all good dreams and not nightmares!

One night, Brandy was sleeping between my husband and I. Her dream was so vivid she kept kicking him in the face:D

Better him than me!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
My beagles do that. I like to think they are having a good dream about chasing a 37 lb. rabbit. Of course, when they get to the part where they realize they are naked, I wake them up.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Yes is my vote too. Every dog I had tried to run while asleep and bark at something imaginary.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
My golden sure does ,it`s all good `cept the snoring. Must be the old chair is to comfy! LOL

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You know its bad when you wake up in the middle of the night do to some loud snoring and you can't figure out if it is:
a. The beagle at the bottom of the bed
b. The wife on your right side
c. The beagle on your left side

Best thing to do is pick up your pillow and hit the couch ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts