Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Don't be shy here fellas. Let's get some press on this issue.

·
Registered
654 Posts
who funds the crp programs? my taxes?
maybe DU should fund the whole thing?
not anti duck just anti tax and would like
user fees for everything. Maybe DU could buy
the 4 million acres?

jimmy

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Messages sent. Pretty cool of DU to organize the web based response like that. Provides a simple, convenient method of rallying the troops. If we could get MUCC to provide something like this here in Michigan, maybe we wouldn't lose votes like the dove bill, etc.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
jimmy johans said:
Maybe DU could buy
the 4 million acres?
Wow, then my member might go up to $3500/yr instead of $35/yr. That program is WAAAYYYY to big for DU to fund. Very costly to maintain. If you enjoy duckhunting you should be grateful for the crp program. The benefit from being taxed for the benefit of wildlife is a no brainer for me.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
jimmy johans said:
who funds the crp programs? my taxes?
maybe DU should fund the whole thing?
not anti duck just anti tax and would like
user fees for everything. Maybe DU could buy
the 4 million acres?

jimmy
OR do what I did.........120 acres in NoDak = $31,000. Rented the ground to a local farmer for $25 per acre on a 10 year contract (120 X $25 X 10 = $30,000). I'm sure he in turn enrolled it in CRP set aside for about $40/acre. I'll let our tax dollars (yours and mine) buy me a NoDak farm....If ya' can't beat 'em, join 'em.

E-mail sent, thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Message sent.

·
Registered
654 Posts
does our 11% excise tax go to crp program?
i wonder how many people realize that excise tax is on all our hunting goods
is suppossed to help sustain environment? how do i enroll my land in crp?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
JJ
Getting your land enrolled in CRP will be pretty tough if it is here in MI. We have 60 acres here in MI that is currently enrolled in CRP, unfortunately the contract expires in 08 and will not be renewed (not our doing, just crp cuts). We will continue to maintain it (as with any crp contract) but many do not and just reap the government checks. A crp field can go to pot very quickly if not maintained.

You wont get $40/acre to enroll your land in crp unless its in a unique area such as the prarie pothole region.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I started filling out the form on the DU website. Just a quick, dumb question; does this automatically send the message to the President, representatives, etc, or does it send me the email and I have to send it to these people. Please excuse my ingnorance, but I want my voice to be heard and I want to do it correctly.
Thanks for your help,
DM

·
Registered
98 Posts
I filled out the form and hit send. Apparently the DU website is smarter than I am and sent the message to my reps, etc. With activities like this, it makes me proud to be a DU member. To the owners/moderators of this site, is it possible to use/buy this application when we need to "get out the vote" to make our voices heard and avoid last years dove fiasco? I know this was a public referendum, but before it got to that point I contacted the Governor, reps, senators and anyone who I hoped would have influence. Even if it cost a small membership fee to the site to acquire such a tool, I would gladly pay it and consider it a small investment in the future of hunting in our state. Just wondering.
DM

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have written my reps on several issues in the past, but that is the easiest way ever.

No excuses for not participating!:protest_e

1 - 20 of 21 Posts