Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wasn't ready on Saturday. I checked 5 lakes in that area and none where thick enough for me, 2 hits with the spud and thru.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Man go look. They have already shut down parking up top. Yes they will be towing this year since Noone can not post about this lake. Which means many days nobody will be able to fish as you won't be able to park. Small lakes limited parking...stay quiet.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm not trying to 'poke the bear' here, but I am not in the loop about the issue with towing. I am interested in knowing what the issue is here without anyone chewing my head off!

·
Registered
421 Posts
People block the road to the public access which also goes to peoples homes. Apparently this guy owns the place so don't tell anyone

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
4 of us went yesterday we all limited out on huge gills....
Wow! Thats great to hear. I know from the past Duck Lake never liked to give up its gills, but you made it happen! I am always glad to hear when someone has a great day on the Hardwater!

·
Registered
903 Posts
People block the road to the public access which also goes to peoples homes. Apparently this guy owns the place so don't tell anyone
Heed the warning! His screen name tells the whole story! :hide:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Wouldn’t surprise me. I live down the road. I seldom park at the access because I have friends on the other end of the lake. Last time I did though the coffee cups and trash were everywhere. It’s a good lake but get a map out and the options are endless in this area. There’s better lakes with way less pressure. Swan and Duck get ice and everyone looses their marbles and get on here, text everyone and away it goes. Turns into a big vicious circle.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Good panfish are like gold to so many ice fisherman...especially in this area. So strange that almost all of our lakes have dandy gills and easy to catch in open water...but not many give up the gold under the hardtop. But guys aren't dumb...there are a couple that produce year after year...hence busy parking lots and plenty of guys blaming the internet for it. Ask the guys on the ice on these lakes...I'm guessing they aren't there because they saw a post on MS. They've probably been fishing those lakes for years and just waiting for walkable ice.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I’ve been living in this area and fishing all of Allegan and Vanburen county my whole life. “I heard on the internet” or “my buddy read on the internet” is probably the most used quote other than “how’s the ice”. I run into people from Holland, Grand Rapids, and frickin Illinois. Asking questions is great. Using the name of a lake isn’t unless it’s a PM. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If they actually stop people from parking on top of the hill this concept will become very clear to some.
Yea. But who cares they have already ruined spots parking from internet reports on way to small of lakes. But why would anyone care that they won't be able to park again. Im a duck for telling people that I've heard from multiple sources they are towing this year. How bad i must be. Only 20 guys there this morning. Thanks guys

·
Registered
421 Posts
1/4 of the cottages in that area are owned by people from Illinois. And using the name of a public lake is taboo whatever man your on a fishing forum. If the parking lot is full go to one of the 20 or so other lakes in the area, or get there before the crowd.

·
Registered
396 Posts
1/4 of the cottages in that area are owned by people from Illinois. And using the name of a public lake is taboo whatever man your on a fishing forum. If the parking lot is full go to one of the 20 or so other lakes in the area, or get there before the crowd.
Almost every house on that end of duck is lived in year round.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts