Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some duck decoys for field hunting. IV used my buddy's fullbodys before and they look really good. My question is would I be better off getting duck shells vs. Full body's BC i can get alot more decoys for the price of fullbodys?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Get a few if you want, but they sure do decoy nice to geese decoys and a few spinnies

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Get a few if you want, but they sure do decoy nice to geese decoys and a few spinnies

Second that...be it mallards or woodies.

But we put out motion mallard dekes for the extra motion, not so much the species. Trouble is, mallets land where they want, even darned near on the blinds. At least they give you a heads up when they are coming. Woodies don't so you can't be snoozing.

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
Just picked up 18 full body ghg and bags for 75. :) all ill need. Run the bigfoots n those between us and the geese

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was asking if i should get duck shells or duck full body's lol I'm confused

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I was asking if i should get duck shells or duck full body's lol I'm confused

I think that the advice was, if you run goose dekes, you don't really need either, just run a spinner or two (shut them off when geese are coming unless you are like us who would rather have ducks deke than geese).

If I were going to buy some, I'd get the dekes that come with motion stakes. As far as the little orange feet that love to get broken off, the ducks don't seem to mind that they are in the bottom of the duck decoy bag.

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
I've come to the conclusion after last season I'm done with shells. I can always pull base or feet off and lay em in the snow and make em shells. You can't make shells full bodies. Yes you can fit more in a trailer yes they are easier to carry in, but with more work n a bigger trailer your never going to be standing there scratching your head wondering if full bodies would have finished smart birds over flaring on the shells u got out. Maybe yes maybe no but I know ill never wonder if it was the decoys again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts