Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Got a few duck eaters Saturday out on St. Clair. A continuous drill of checking lines and removing weeds really paid off with some pigs. 13-16 FOW trolling from 3.5 – 5 mph. Went 6 for 6 on the Ski's. Thanks again to my buddy and his dad for taking me out!
[/COLOR]Fish seemed to like spinners more than plugs (both big and small – single and double bladed) and color did not matter. Fish were caught in both lightly stained water (greenish) and heavily stained water (brown). Make sure you use enough weight to keep your leads short. What an awesome day out on the lake!
At one point we thought we saw a rouge decoy so we trolled that way intending to collect it. As we got closer we realized it was an injured seagull. The bird had a beautifully painted musky plug (custom, someone guessed a chain pickerel?) w/ front hook in its beak and back hook in its foot. Mad props to my buddy’s dad who had us net the bird which he grabbed, removed the hooks and set free. The bird was thankful as he was saved from certain death.
**Note – the lure had a steel leader which had pulled through the crimp, bummer dude!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great times out there saturday bottoming out the 30lb boga! All fish were caught in Canadian waters, 3 by Pikes creek and 3 by the Thames.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts