Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it was mentioned in a previous post, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know of any good duck calling how to cd's. After a few years of watching I thought it about time to learn for myself and I'm just starting to "pick it up", I just don't want to make a fool of myself. I have 10 more month of practice before I even need to try.

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
there's one that I thought was pretty good put out by Keller of BGB (big guys best).

there's others out there that sound more like you just PAID for a commercial of their products! this one is a true tutorial/instructional CD.

I believe it's called "Breaking the Silence". they go through each call from chuckle to hail with a tutorial section where he blows [then a 3-4 second pause where you blow] then they continue this for 4-5 minutes to build repetition.

they also have tutorials to build you up to certain calls. single quack. then a three quack "three blind mice" tutorial. (think three blind mice [quack, quack, quack] to get the right cadence). they do this for different pitches as well. low quack, high quack, squeaky...

pretty good I thougtht.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I really like the First RNT CD sold in all the catalogs or at Bass pro. It is for field calling & not competition calling.

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Rick Dunn of "ECHO CALLS" has a GREAT CD it's called "Duck Calling 101" you can get it at Bass Pro or Cablea's

·
Registered
774 Posts
i got my primos original wench and the primos instructional DVD (which also has some hunts on it, along with a whole seperate goose section) package out of cabela's for $17 regular price... a good deal if you need both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts