Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Im heading a university ran chapter of Ducks Unlimited this year and I was looking for some project ideas. We already have some woodduck boxes to put out this winter and we are planning on doing a clean up at a public shooting area, but I was wondering if anyone had some more ideas that we could do. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
376 Posts
Rice bed planting somewhere?

Work with DNR to ID what they need ?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Which University are you with? If there is a public lauch/hunting area near by the chapter could walk the property and do a clean up there as well. The chapter could also put on a waterfowl I.D. class that could be open to the general public if there is enough interest.

Redneckman

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Suggest you link up with a local HS shop class and provide the materials to build Wood Duck and hen houses. Could even get the bio class interested in tracking the sucess rates/predation rates etc... Get the kids involved now and you will have breed some lifelong members...possibly even future biologists.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey these are all great ideas I will be bringing up these ideas at our next meeting. Also redneckman we are at Lake Superior State University so there are plenty of boat launches around to pick up. Thanks again for the ideas and if you think of any thing else let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts