Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Dry Bag

638 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  The Fishing Pollock
Ok. Without going over 30 40 bucks. What is your best and biggest volume dry bag?. Have never owned one. Found one at BPS 55L 30 bucks but not sure about the brand as I know nothing about the brands lol. Only doing an over night canoe trip so it is just a change of cloths for both of us and some valuables.

This is what I found so far
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/ascend-heavy-duty-round-bottom-dry-bag-172932-1
Ok. Without going over 30 40 bucks. What is your best and biggest volume dry bag?. Have never owned one. Found one at BPS 55L 30 bucks but not sure about the brand as I know nothing about the brands lol. Only doing an over night canoe trip so it is just a change of cloths for both of us and some valuables.

See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Think garbage bag inside another bag if you have one
Think garbage bag inside another bag if you have one
See more
I have had a few of those over the years. They are good for a couple years. I’ve never flipped the canoe, but paddled the snot in Lake Huron, and Michigan. Spent plenty of time on rivers in the rain. If you squeeze it and air comes out, you did something wrong, or more likely have a leak. If you squeeze it and it’s holding air you should be good.
That may not apply to white water or flipping over.
I have had a few of those over the years. They are good for a couple years. I’ve never flipped the canoe, but paddled the snot in Lake Huron, and Michigan. Spent plenty of time on rivers in the rain. If you squeeze it and air comes out, you did something wrong, or more likely have a leak. If you squeeze it and it’s holding air you should be good.
That may not apply to white water or flipping over.
See more
Sea to summit are great bags
Reactions: 6thMichCav
Sea to summit are great bags
See more
Over your budget, but I like my Wolfman bags

Quite popular among the motorcycle community. Been in some serious downpours at speed. Everything bone dry
Over your budget, but I like my Wolfman bags

Quite popular among the motorcycle community. Been in some serious downpours at speed. Everything bone dry
See more
I also use dyneema bags when weight and packability is a concern.
Either Zpacks bags or Hyperlight mountain gear.
I also use dyneema bags when weight and packability is a concern.
Either Zpacks bags or Hyperlight mountain gear.
See more
Those will work just fine

See less
Those will work just fine

This is what I found so far...
See more
I use a Sea to Summit my brother gave me when he worked at REI. Works great, easy to use. You can find them used on eBay for the price range you quoted.
I use a Sea to Summit my brother gave me when he worked at REI. Works great, easy to use. You can find them used on eBay for the price range you quoted.
See more
I got mine at swimoutlet.com--I just looked on there and they don't have my model anymore. It isn't made out of the most durable material ....but it is transparent so when you need to find something in the bag, it's easy to see where to start digging.
Similar to this Transparent Dry Bags | REI Co-op
I got mine at swimoutlet.com--I just looked on there and they don't have my model anymore. It isn't made out of the most durable material ....but it is transparent so when you need to find something in the bag, it's easy to see where to start digging.
Similar to this Transparent Dry Bags | REI Co-op
See more
A tip for you. Secure whatever you get to your canoe. If you tip over, you do not want to watch your dry bag float down the river.

There is a story to that tip.

See less
Reactions: fisheater
A tip for you. Secure whatever you get to your canoe. If you tip over, you do not want to watch your dry bag float down the river.

Ok. Without going over 30 40 bucks. What is your best and biggest volume dry bag?. Have never owned one. Found one at BPS 55L 30 bucks but not sure about the brand as I know nothing about the brands lol. Only doing an over night canoe trip so it is just a change of...
See more
Agree, but as long as it's floating you can get it back.

Reactions: fisheater

See more
Have you ever had to climb out of a river to run down the bank to catch up with your dry bag as it floats away downriver?

Got the image? Now think middle of the winter with a foot or two of snow on the ground.

I watched my dad do it years ago on the AuSable. Thanks but I will tie my dry bag from then on.

As I recall it was a garbage bag.
Have you ever had to climb out of a river to run down the bank to catch up with your dry bag as it floats away downriver?

Got the image? Now think middle of the winter with a foot or two of snow on the ground.

I watched my dad do it years ago on the AuSable. Thanks but I will tie my dry bag from then on.

As I recall it was a garbage bag.
See more
Thanks for all the info guys. I went with 2 of these as I will use them for other trips.
Lightweight Dry Sack
Thanks for all the info guys. I went with 2 of these as I will use them for other trips.
Lightweight Dry Sack
See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.