Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I recently took a trip to Drummond Island to do some pike spearing and perch fishing. Stupid us forgot our snowmobile and chain saw (which we don't have). If you know anything about ice fishing Drummond Island, they are absolute necessities since fishable ice is around a mile and a half out and near 30" of clear solid ice with around a foot of snow and frozen slush on top of that. We did get lucky and found a hole that we could use, and we did catch a few perch, except they were only 2 to 4 inches long. After two days of walking through thick heavy snow and spudding through extremely thick ice, we got a ride in from an extremely nice older gentleman who had a sweet Argo with treads and everything. It was a trip that will never be forgotten and most likely never be duplicated. I just want to thank Argo Man for the generous ride to our truck, without him, we may still be out there.

Reports said that they were starting to see and spear pike, however the few people that I talked to with permanent shanties said that it has been pretty slow up there.

Thanks again Argo Man, you are a life saver.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I double the thanks to Argo Man, those are the ultimate ice fishing vehicle. You forgot to tell about the beer cans we speared off the bottom of the lake. Those were keepers. Boy I am sure glad I didnt have to spud through 28" of ice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts