Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im up visiting some family on Drummond Island this weekend, ive fished the bay outside the house all day and have only seen one flag. I wondering if anyone knew any good spots to get into some fish around the island. All comments apreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Hey guys, Im up visiting some family on Drummond Island this weekend, ive fished the bay outside the house all day and have only seen one flag. I wondering if anyone knew any good spots to get into some fish around the island. All comments apreciated, thanks.
Lot of water to try and find fish.

Sent from my Droid using Taptalk.

·
Premium Member
10,997 Posts
Stop by the Birch Tree resort. I forget the owner's name but she is very friendly and should be able to tell you if the perch are around. I fished Maston bay through the ice, but didn't have much luck. Smoked the eyes there in the spring, but I think they are deeper in the winter.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm goiing to spend a couple weeks at Birch tree next month it's a good bet to start looking for Perch in Scotts Bay

·
Registered
505 Posts
We get walleye east of Peck island and north of Rutland island dragging through the weed beds in the summer time. There are always a few pike and perch picked up on occasion. I've never fished there in the winter time, but it's a good spot to start. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Stop by the Birch Tree resort. I forget the owner's name but she is very friendly and should be able to tell you if the perch are around. I fished Maston bay through the ice, but didn't have much luck. Smoked the eyes there in the spring, but I think they are deeper in the winter.
Her name is donna. She should be able to give you some general information, especially if you buy some bait from her.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Go see Rick at Johnson's Sport Shop. He is a real great guy and will have a report. He also had some really nice custom ice rods!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts