Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In years past, my fater and I and some buddies have always been flown into a remote cabin in Canada for a week-long fishing trip. Due to growing family and job demands we have not been able to do this for several years so we are looking for an alternative that will allow us to drive instead of fly.
We want to keep the trip length about 4 nights instead of our normal 7 nights. We hope to get a suggestion on somewhere that is just a couple hours from Sault Saint Marie. Any suggestions?
We want to try to find something that offers some seclusion and privacy without the jet skis and large crowds while still having good fishing. We know we won't get the quality of fishing that we get in the boonies, I understand that, but we can sacrifice a few fillets for some solitude and singing loons.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
345 Posts
NICE LAKE, NOT BIG AND VERY MANAGABLE, CAUGHT WALLEYS PERCH AND PIKE. AND CERTAIN TIMES OF THE YEAR THEY WILL CATCH SOME DANDY TROUT AT THE RIVER MOUTH. I THINK THE NAME OF THE PLACE THAT WE STAYED AT WAS BLACKSTOCKS NORTHERN NIGHTS RESORTS. PEOPLE THERE WERE GREAT THEY SOLD BAIT AND HAVE EXCELLANT DOCKS. RAMP IS JUST ACCROSS THE LAKE. NOT LIKE YOU STAYING OUT IN THE WOODS BY YOURSELF BECAUSE THERE ARE OTHER CABINS. BUT THE CABINS ARE VERY NICE AND AND CAN ACCOMODATE LARGE GROUPS. WISH I WAS GOING UP TOO. 3 MILES FROM CHRISTMAS, NEAR MUNISING AND LAKE SUPERIOR. Check out www.cabinsnorth.com Good luck. Also Stayed on McDONALD LAKE AND CAUGHT SOME REAL NICE EYES. OFF ROUTE 2 NEAR GULLIVER. EAST OF MANISTIQUE.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts