Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without turning this into a debate about the dangers of drinking and recreational driving - I actually have a question. I just got off the phone with a buddy from the northeastern lower. According to reports coming into the "Parts Haus" the DNR/Sheriff Dept/State Police and anyone else with law enforcement authority are arresting snowmobilers coming off the lake that have been observed drinking out on the ice - the rumor is zero tolerance per some new laws. I'm thinking the rumor mill has generated starting from job blow that got busted for blowing over the 0.08 limit that told his wife, "honey, I only had one beer and it's the new law that I didn't know about that lost us our snowmobiles and landed my dumb a$$ in jail." In short, has the law changed for a lower limit for snowmobiles, atvs and boats than is tolerated for cars on the road? I plan to print out the response for my buddy, so preaching to a minimum please;)

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
FishTales is correct, the operation of a snowmobile or ORV is very much like a car on the road with one exception. On a ORV, snowmobile or watercraft the limit is still .10 and not .08 like it changed for a car. There is a push to change those laws to .08 too but right now it is still .10.

It always amazing how those rumors and stories take off.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts