Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If money and time off weren't factors, what would be your dream whitetail hunt? Say you could register and win a dream hunt in any time and location of your choice for whitetail.

Texas, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Pike County, IL, Buffalo County, WI, Milk River, MT, somewhere else?

I've got so many on my list, but it would be tough to decide what would win out.

So what where would it be and why?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
It would have to be Saskatchewan or Alberta. They put you in a box or tower blind before sunrise and pick you up after sundown. My kind of hunting. And let's face it, my chances of scoring on a buck like what is available up there is probably null and void here in Michigan. I always vowed that before I am dead I will make one trip up there with my son.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Kansas, with Iowa being a close second. Less hunters. Less pressure. Unpressured deer would be a dream come true!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Africa maybe? Iowa bow season maybe? Pheasants in SD maybe? Big Elk out west with a bow maybe? I am going to start planning a big trip. Somewhere in north America, fall 2011, something big. It's not a limitless budget but I will do what I want.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I've shot just about everyone (type) I've been wanting except a big heavy drop tine buck maybe from Alberta.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Saskatchewan is where my daughter and I will be going when I retire, that is if the good Lord allows me to. That will be a retirement gift to myself. I can retire in 3 years, that is if I get my house paid off and the last wedding paid off!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
For whitetails it would be Alberta or Sask. when the snow is already falling and the rut is in full swing. The bodies on those deer up there make them look like cattle...and the antlers to match.

Anytype of hunt though, I'd do a Bow Elk hunt up in the mountains of Wyoming, Colorado, or Montana. Somewhere you have to get to on horseback, stay in a tent, and hike the steeper parts to find the herds.

Either way I'd go with my old man while he is still able to.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
A whitetail dream hunt would be a week of pure hunting in either alberta or saskatchewan with my dad or a good friend, gettin one of those heavy dark horned deer from up there would be something i would never forget, especially when a friend or family member is there trying for the same thing you are

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
bulls with a bow in Utah. then on the way home hunt unit 10 in Colorado for B&C mulies.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Im living the dream as far as whitetails are concerned!

Would love to draw a bull moose tag for a couple units here in alberta! Or if they ever start re-issuing grizzly permits....

·
Registered
404 Posts
For elk there is no better place to be than the white mnts. in Arizona during the rut with a bow in my hand,nothing short of spectacular !!!!!! For deer season my new found honey hole sleeper state INDIANA !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I thought Jim Shockey was doing guided bear hunts on kodiak isl ?????

Since it is my dream.... (I keep straying to that hugh heffner R&R, thanx Milldoo)

Out west, WY, CO, MT, ID not picky. But a true ruff it hump with my bow and back pack. Species doesnt matter, would prefer elk. But just to be "el mano, el mano" with nature.

No horses, no guide, no frill or thrills.

I wake up from this dream when I relize I now have to pack this sucker out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts