Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Matthews Ultra Max bow with 29" cams and a new zebra twist string with a string loop. The cams have locations of 1, 2 and 3 for the string on each side of the cam. I have been to 4 different archery shops since I put on the string loop trying to determine IF I can use a 3/3 setting on the cam. Right now it is on the 2/3 setting. 2 of the 4 shops have told me that I CAN do a 3/3 setting, and 2 have said I CANNOT do it.

Any words of advice from archery shop guys or DIY guys here? I need to take out the extra length from adding the string loop.

Thanks for any/all info!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Here's what a technician wrote to me on the subject:

"Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing Mathews; we appreciate
your business and support.

Your cam will be under rotated at 3 and 3 which is fine, however you may loose a pound or 2 of draw weight, but if that is what is required to get proper draw length you have no other choice other than a different cam on the 1 and 1.

The posts are to adjust draw length by the follow:

1 and 1 = 29"
1 and 2 = 28 3/4"
2 and 2 = 28 1/2"
2 and 3 = 28 1/4"
3 and 3 = 28"

Hope this helps my friend.

Take care,

Steve Flock
Warranty Technician
Mathews Inc.
608-269-2728 ext. 253
[email protected]"

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So now it begs the question:

Do I get new 28" cams, or do I adjust to 3 and 3 and have the bow re-spec'd? ( I need to get it respec'd anyways cuz it's a new string with just over 100 shots on it and I'm sure it has "settled in" even though it's a new zebra twist string. )

As a side note, I'm headed to Colorado Elk hunting Sept 6th...so I don't want to risk too many changes too late in the game.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
So now it begs the question:

Do I get new 28" cams, or do I adjust to 3 and 3 and have the bow re-spec'd? ( I need to get it respec'd anyways cuz it's a new string with just over 100 shots on it and I'm sure it has "settled in" even though it's a new zebra twist string. )

As a side note, I'm headed to Colorado Elk hunting Sept 6th...so I don't want to risk too many changes too late in the game.
In my opinion, if there's an option for a 28.5 I'd go that route just so you cover both sides of 28". If not and 28" is your true draw, then why spend money if you already have that available?;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I agree why spend money you dont need too. Is the 2# difference truely going to make that big of a difference? More about energy than speed in my eyes, could be wrong. Seems to happen alot. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts