Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there are many or any owners of drahthaars in the Midland area. I brought my first one home in March and so far very impressed with the breed. Wondering if anyone else out there is going to test their dog(s) and if they have been through the German Testing before. I would very much appreciate info and tips that could be provided. Thank You!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I just bought one, she should be ready to come home in a week or so. I am in Oakland County. I do plan on going through the full testing program. Your pup is probably a few months older than mine so I do not know how that would work out but I am more than willing to get together to work dogs or car pool to the testing venues. I know nothing about the testing other than what I read on the VDD web site. I will be looking to Joel Williams, her breeder, for advice and I will share whatever I learn.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I'm getting a GWP in a few months hopefully, but haven't yet decided if I will register the dog or anything like that yet.

Let me know how that goes...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GSP Gal said:
excuse me fellas....Pictures are required to stay on this site!!!:lol:

Congrats on the new pups!
I had another guy help me out with pics a while ago. I for what ever reason could not figure out how to do it. I guess when it comes to computers I'm a dummy. If you have an easy way of teaching me I will be very happy to post some pics.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slammer said:
I just bought one, she should be ready to come home in a week or so. I am in Oakland County. I do plan on going through the full testing program. Your pup is probably a few months older than mine so I do not know how that would work out but I am more than willing to get together to work dogs or car pool to the testing venues. I know nothing about the testing other than what I read on the VDD web site. I will be looking to Joel Williams, her breeder, for advice and I will share whatever I learn.

Good Luck
Well I am a newbie to the testing program too but if you want to stay in touch I would be more than happy to share what I have learned so far and maybe work together. My dog came from Oklahoma out of VomKervinshof kennels. Due to the distance I am unable to work with the breeder very often. I know that he would like for me to return in the spring to test in Oklahoma so that's where I will probably go.

·
Registered
893 Posts
slammer said:

Good Luck
Joel is a good trainer and the dam is a nice dog. She competed well in the NSTRA regional elimination trial. Good luck with your pup and Joel will steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drifter Saver said:
Joel is a good trainer and the dam is a nice dog. She competed well in the NSTRA regional elimination trial. Good luck with your pup and Joel will steer you in the right direction.
Thank you for your input. I do appreciate any all info I can get. I have trained many shorties but this is my first drahthaar and have found some profound differences in how I need to handle them both.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Drifter Saver said:
Drifter,
He is a good trainer. I ran in NSTRA back in the mid 90's and his dogs were always competitive. I was out there a few weeks ago to pick up another dog, Pointer, and he showed me the trophy the mother of my pup won. Pretty impressive since she was coming straight out of the whelping box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts