Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, gave handlining a rip this morning for the first time. Hit the water at 5 and had to get off by 7:30 to get to work. Fished with RJT who picked up 4 nice fish and I got my first skunk of the year. I think I'm going to get back out in the morning and give it another try. Very discouraging to come up empty handed, but hopefully I'll get my first handlining fish tomorrow. Saw HL out there and it was nice to meet you huntingmaniac.

Rick

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Good to meet you too, Canuck. Dont worry you will be flipping them over the side before you know it.:lol: Most of the time when I take someone out for there first time, they, catch all the fish. It will come, dont worry about the skunk, it was not a good bite early this morning, think the cold front kinda messed them up. Not sure about tomorrow, 20-30mph, out of the SW, think I will be staying in tomorrow.:rant:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
rjt said:
Lot of fish floating this morning. I took a ride towards downtown following the scum line and there were too many fish to count. quote]

What species of fish?:confused::(

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
At least you guys are getting out finally got my boat back today & everything is finally working on it. Hopefully I can get out sunday & monday mornings if I do not have to work.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I Just got done cleaning my 4 from this morning......First fish of the morning was a nice 3 1/2 lbder!! Wish I could of stayed and chatted for a while....but Jim knows my routine when I'm working!!! got to fly in and get into work!! Had to zip past WallyWalleye in Fox creek!;) Clown spoons have been good for me along with something Natural looking;) ...most have been on the skinny minnies of spikes!

I may be out in the morning....depends on the Direction of the wind.....But if not....never a problem getting to sleep in a little!:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
No....Knew I'd only be out for about a hr. so left it at home......Sorry I moved forward from where you were at.....I caught all my fish from that point back all at the edge of the channel .......winds look like they'll be out of the SE at 15mph at 5:00am....so that means I'll be snoozing!:D

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Saw a dead Muskie at the mouth today. looked very old. also one carp and what looked like a bass.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Well at least were not seeing the hundreds like last year, alot of catch and release with the muskie guys, unfortunatly some dont make it, thats probably what that one was. Also when I was fishing the Queens side a while back, I noticed a guy in a Canadian boat that was handlining, and everytime he caught a silver or smallmouth, he thumped it over the head and threw it overboard. I pulled up next to him and suggested he keep the silvers and give them to somebody on shore, and just throw the bass back, why kill them. He just acted like he was deaf, I couldnt get his numbers on his boat, because he a had a cover hanging on the front and I couldnt get them all, just a partial.But it did tic me off, why kill all those fish for nothing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts