Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Lots of bad dudes on this thread. I tried the up close thing once and still have the scars. If their eyes are closed they get another round from a distance or I did use a dogwood club once. I'll leave the knives to the tough guys until they learn their manners.
I agree lots of bad boys in here that grew up fighting out of a bar room they probably even shave with a knife because razors are for wimps!

·
Registered
14,454 Posts
Bunch of pansies! The key in ANY fight, is your first move is key. No hesitation, no flinching. Confidence and full commitment from the first move. I've killed wounded deer with and without a knife.
What I'm saying ! Been taught that since a boy. Only 5'8" and 160#s.. Old man always told me never get hit 1st, your too little.... Served me well.
Glad someone on same page! Toughen up sallies 🤣🤣🤣

·
39,792 Posts
This thread is hilarious.! WWE deer wrestling… If I come upon a wounded animal it’s over in a blink of an eye. Lights out with out breaking a sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
So what do you do when you gone done screwed up and brought 1 broadhead, which is now stuck in the deers spine, and the knife you brought is a 2" pocket knife? Let it suffer until you get back or call your inner triplelunger?

·
Registered
13,280 Posts
I have heard of a wounded doe killed by a rock back in 1990s so we may as well include rocks in the knife season as well.
My good buddys dad came across a doe on a dirt road with broken back. It was up on front legs. He was in a municiple truck and for some reason no tire iron. Only thing he could find was a hockey stick in the back of truck that had been found in a parking lot that he had picked up for lost and found.

He tells a hilarious story of being totally exhausted and so out of breath he couldnt talk by the time the deed was done. It wasnt pretty.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
In researching the WCO, I contacted Lansing. I told them I had a CPL and asked could I use my pistol. Answer was no, I can olny pull it if I'm in danger and being attacked. I then asked if I happened to slip and fall about 3' from the deer and it started pawing at me, could I then shoot it? The conversation at that time was over due to the laughter from both of us on each new suggestion I had.

By the way, you guys are insane. Glad to be a member of the group cos' I lost my mind years ago. o_O I suggested to my hunting party the use of a Samurai sword. Sounded good to me.
Take care and be safe out there
CoWalSki

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
So what do you do when you gone done screwed up and brought 1 broadhead, which is now stuck in the deers spine, and the knife you brought is a 2" pocket knife? Let it suffer until you get back or call your inner triplelunger?
Lol…Any hunter that only brings one arrow and or one broad head to a deer fight oughta be b-slapped!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Sometimes I just gut shoot em so I can practice my tracking AND wrestling skills.
Any of you pussies want to see a show, give me a call when you have a gut shot deer on the ground.

121 - 140 of 147 Posts