Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been running 8# weights and they seem to work fine 80 fow or less, but i think they are a little lite for 80 fow plus ?, what do most of you run for that 80 - 120 fow ?. I run manual riggers.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would run the heaviest you can use on your riggers.
I have no idea, how much my riggers will allow ?, i run a old pair of Walkers 4' arm adjusted into 3', and a pair of Big Jon 4' arms, all are manual. i am sure i could go 10 or 12 lbs ?. but do i need to be heavier then that ?.

Kevin

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Id go with the heaviest your riggers can bring up. Being theyre Walkers your probably gonna be maxed at 12's and theyre gonna pull em up slow.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would go with 10# with the riggers you described if the fish are really poppin down 100' you will wear your arm out. I use to have 4 Cannon manuals and used 10# balls fishing a 100' plus would wear me out. I have Scotty electrics now with 14# balls saves the arm.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Since they are manuals I would run 10s. If your into working out run 12s. Either rigger should be able to run a 12 but thats probably as heavy as I would go especially considering they are manuals.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone
If i ran a bigger boat i would have electrics too. but i just run a 17 1/2' Ranger, and i made a platform for the rear deck that i can mount 4 riggers on, it works nice, and if there is over 4 footers i just stay home.
i wanted a boat that i could use anywhere, and this works good for me.

i just ordered 3 - 10# so i will be set next time. i got the 3 for $56.40.

thanks again
Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts