Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my son got our first turkeys this morning at 7:00 am. they were gobbling all over. got there a little late sat down around 6:50 did a few yelps and they were hot. about 5 mins later my son seen them in the field, a few more yelps and all 5 toms came right in no hens. i told the boy he had 3 sec. to shoot after the bird was mine. but all 5 came in he shot and droped his and i shot and drop mine 5 feet away. his has a 10'' beard and 1 1/4 spers and mine has 9 1/4 beard and 1'' spers. it is the best feeling i had ever had my son with first turkey.:D :D :D :D :D :D . will put pic when i learn how to do it

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Awesome! I can not wait til my kids get old enough to hunt with me. Congrats to you both.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Congrats, I am also looking forward to doubles or triples with my sons!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Congratulations to the two of you on your first birds! You're right...it's just awesome to see the look on their face after a successful hunt!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Congratulations! Awesome start to the season. Hope more parent/kid combos build those great memories this season :cool:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These were Lenawee co. birds, lots of gobbling in the woods this morning. I took them to the taxidermy to have the fans and beards mounted. my son wanted a full body mount of his. I told him he would have to mow alot of yard this summer to pay for it, he did not want any part of that. his weighted 21.5 and mine was 25 even. just waiting on the wife to get home from work to down load pic.

·
Registered
936 Posts
congrats. and btw, it is really easy to do the fan and bear yourself. all you have to do is get some foam poaster board, fan out the fan and keep it in place with pins and put salt on the meet., the beard, just put salt on

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Good to hear! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

Here ya go pard

1 - 20 of 23 Posts