Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a T5 Pro Staff model? I think I'm going to get one for a great spot on the place where it's all thick scrubby trees, but no good tree for a tree stand for like 300 yards. Man, this blind looks very sweet. http://www.doublebullarchery.com/store_blinds.html

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
My brother has one similar to them and has taken numerous deer from it. I have used it and deer don't even pay attention to it.

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm planning buying a T2.

I have loads of great spots with no decent trees around.

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want one for archery. The spot I have picked is located where possible our most productive rifle blind over the last 40 years is at. It's a high ridge about 250 yards long, with light powdery sand and scrub oak and thick half dead pines. At the north base of the ridge, it turns into a mix or swamp and cattails on the neighbors land. The west end of it is all mature oaks. The south end is row pines and the east side is a pond and a 2nd cut poplar stand. There's 4-5 super trails cris-crossing the ridge. But no tree's bigger than 6" diameter. But the deer sure like crossing there. It's a good "all day" spot. These new blinds open that location up because it was pretty unhuntable, with a bow. No more!

·
Registered
63 Posts
something like that would last about 4 days on my property One of my local "confiscators" (as I like to call them) would happen upon it (some time between Sunday and Thursday, while I'm not there). and say; "oh my, look what's been left abandoned from the civil war. I had better take it home."

Sad but true.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i swear by them light weight and roomy i have the ip-5 with the zippered roof panel it is awesome now if looking to save some cost the ameristep brickhouse is the same just a different material

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
One of the things I like about the Double Bull blinds is that they come in predator camo. For many of the spots I have in mind for this blind, only a lighter pattern will do, to blend in with tall grasses and shrubs. The Mossy Oak breakup pattern, being dark as it is, would stick out like a sore thumb in some of these areas.

I've also been informed that the Double Bull blinds do better under windy conditions than the cheaper blinds do.

And I wouldn't think of leaving one in my woods.:cool:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm planning buying a T2.
Unless you're a midget, you're probably better off with a T5. I can only draw my bow and shoot straight out the front window of my T2. It's very difficult to change position for shots with a gun out of the windows towards the side or the rear. IMO, the T2 is a great blind, and is very well constructed. Just not quite big enough.

Mike

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike, I've been surfing all over different hunting forums and you make a good point. I'm 6'2" and from what I've read, the T5 is the best one to get. Especially if 2 people may be involved, like in a turkey hunt or a youngster tagging along. It also comes in a recurve model, but that make be too tall.

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
I've been in a T2, and it's plenty big for me. Never take a guest in my blind, never hunt with a gun, and I'm only 5'8" 160#.

I like the T2's pyramidal profile a bit better, and prefer a smaller blind.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Double Bull blinds are awesome!

My dad has a T5, which we can both hunt in at the same time if necessary, and I have my own T2.

Last year we used them mostly for turkeys, and we would have groups of 20 hens come within 5-10 yards of us. My Dad also shot his spring turkey out of one from about 15 yards.

As for deer, I only used my blind for a couple days during the season, but the deer didn't seem phased. We even had a bobcat wander out while in it, not to mention coyotes.

The T2 isn't as good as the T5 of course, and its not easy to make a 180 turn to take a shot with a gun, but it really shouldn't be a problem to get to the front, or to either side ( I prefer looking out the left window because I shoot right-handed). I'm yet to try the T2 with my bow though- waiting for October.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Are you sure farmlegend? I'm speaking with a lot of seat time in the T2 during hunting season. I'm 2" taller than you. At full draw, my elbow is against the back wall of the blind. Effectively, I can only cover one shooting lane while bow hunting. It's your money, but I think you should reconsider the bigger blind.

I'm sure you'll like the T5 Bob. I might have one before next season too. Is BBT going to stock them?

Mike

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No. I doubt that I can even order one wholesale. I may trade in a gun at Jays for one. We're still 90% a fishing and fly fishing store, with the hundreds of lakes and the PM river nearby and all. Actually, with the last 6 years of lousy deer hunting around here, and after looking at the books and our crashing deer related sales and strong fly fishing sales, we're going to have to decrease what deer items we do sell and use that money and space for fly fishing. Since about 1999-2000, our deer related sales have been going down by 50% a year. Many hunters are staying down state where the hunting is often very good. The old days of Baldwin-Luther being a deer Mecca are all but old stories and nostalgia.

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How well can you see fiber optic pins at dark, from inside the blind?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Bob,

I'm probably not the best to answer this for you, I find that I can't see the fiber optic pins five to ten minutes before shooting light ends, if I'm outside or inside the blind. My eyes suck though.

Mike

·
Registered
477 Posts
Bob,
I've used double bull's T5 blind for bowhunting & love it.
However you do loose some 15 minutes or so of shooting time with the fiber optics.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oops,
I should have said that I have the BS-5, basically the same blind but it has the larger viewing window. However I still loose 15 minutes of shooting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts