Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set up for sturgeon last night about 7:30 near Landshark and another boat. With no action we made a slight upstream move. Dave caught a stone cat but still no sturgeon until about 10 minutes before midnight when we were going to leave. Dave landed this nice 49.5 inch fish to save the night and get the smell out of the boat. Great to have him aboard. Gotta do it again sometime.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Also finally got the skunk out of my boat. My 3rd. time out and finally connected. Last night (Saturday) in the upper end of the North Channel. Took about a half hour to get it in the boat. Was 64 inches and exactly 60 pounds. I weighed him by stepping on a bathroom scale with and without the sturgeon and subtracted my weight. This method is easy on the fish because there is no concentrated pressure on any part of it’s body. Usually when I catch a sturgeon there are lamprey marks and some bleeding on the top of the back but this one had absolutely no marks on any part of it’s body. Water was a little stained and was a nice night on the river because of no wind. Bait steelers were active all the time I was there. Also caught 2 channel cats at the same time (one was 8 ½ pounds), a sheepshead, and a white perch. This was the longest fish I ever caught but not quite the heaviest. Didn’t see another fisherman within eyesight last night. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
There was some help form treeman on that fish, I'll leave it at that. I appreciate the oppertunity to fish off your boat, it was really nice not having to trailer a boat an hour each way. It was a good night out, dispite the slow sturgeon action and the guy in a go fast boat who felt the need to do a fly by. Nice to see landshark out there as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts