Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might sound strange but I got an Asian cook book for my birthday and came across a great recipe for a stir fry using "Cat Meat"

I tried on a stray thats been around the neighborhood latley and its quite tasty.

If your interested.......... P.M. me and I'll foreward it too you.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I hope that I am just seeing an April Fools joke....if not and don't take this the wrong way.....please don't invite me for dinner!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Seriously !! While living in Oklahoma City in the early 80's a local asian resturant was busted for cooking cat. No, they weren't serving them to unsuspecting customers, they kept them for themselves. This all started with a noticeable decrease in the feline population in the area that was predominately asian. No April fools here, this was for real and made the local news.

Here kitty kitty !

·
Super Moderator
11,795 Posts
Howdy-

"Ummmm.....cat! The other other white meat." :D

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
Was the dish called meow mix?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow,Meow, MEOW!!!

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
A very good and popular restraunt got caught serving cat in Toledo in the 80's. We went there alot.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
When I was stationed in long beach the local news did a human relations piece trying to let the local asian communities know that cats and dogs were considered part of the family. No joke

·
Registered
450 Posts
That does it. I am now converting my remaining cats to strictly house cats. Apparently there are some neighbors whom think that a roaming house cat is a stray. I always hoped that Whiskers was picked by animal control or a loving family and at worst maybe hit by a car a killed instantly. Never thought I had to worry about the locals slicing him into lunch meat.

Please tell me the cat you ate was not a lighter blue with tiger stripes with the longer sort of fur.... :(

·
Registered
26,740 Posts
Not only in New York. My friend raised them and sold them to Felpaush, one foot left on was the way they sold them to the customer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts