Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked Santa for Donnie Vincent's 2 DVDs The River's Divide and Terra Nova - 3 Days on the Island.
These are both what I would call "Feature Films" not your average run of the mill "kill'um and high five the camera" videos.
His videography, sound tracks, and story telling are second to none, IMO. Both films are excellent.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Kodiak, the one he has in the works now, looks like it is going to be good.

I looked into The River's Divide and was kind of thrown off that he was at an outfitter. Does it have the "outfitter" feel to it at all or no?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Just checked out his web page, looks very interesting. I had never heard of him until I read your post. When I have time tonight I'll check out his movie trailers.

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kodiak, the one he has in the works now, looks like it is going to be good.

I looked into The River's Divide and was kind of thrown off that he was at an outfitter. Does it have the "outfitter" feel to it at all or no?
I guess I wasn't aware he was hunting with an outfitter in TRD. If he was, it was semi guided. He's after an old buck he named Steve and kills it on the forth trip (second year) hunting him exclusively.
Kodiak does look like it will be good. He's hunting blacktails.
My main admiration for his films is the quality of the production. Heck, he misses more than I do! :eek::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked out his web page, looks very interesting. I had never heard of him until I read your post. When I have time tonight I'll check out his movie trailers.
Yeah, I hadn't heard of him until someone posted on Facebook a few months ago, a brief film of him explaining "Why We Hunt". I was instantly curious.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I own The Rivers Divide, pretty cool video and like you said, not the run of the mill show. These types of videos are the one's I appreciate, kinda like Heartland Bow hunter. I enjoy all the filler footage or B-roll just as much as the kill shot.

·
Premium Member
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured you for more of a Donny Osmond kind of guy.

No, that was my sisters. I was in to Marie, who wasn't/isn't? :corkysm55

1 - 9 of 9 Posts