Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Donated My Phone To The River

1K views 31 replies 25 participants last post by  ericzerka24 
#1 ·
How many others have donated their phones to the fishing hole?

I leaned forward to take a fish off and BLOOP! Watched it drop all the way down to the bottom on my flasher. I learned the hard way that talking on the phone and fishing isn't a good combo haha.

Today was my first time fishing in saginaw. I had never caught a walleye in my entire life until today. Didn't catch a single keeper but landed about 30 eyes and 4 perch. The 2 biggest ones were 12" and 13". I was just south of the Z-Bridge in 25FOW.

Thanks Don for taking me out and showing me somewhere to fish the river. Shoulda stayed and fished with me, no big ones but non-stop action.

See less See more
#4 ·
Had a phone that my young girls downloaded a song from the Little Mermaid movie "Under the SEA" song on. I was ice fishing on Long Lake near Traverse City ,setting a tip up and it started to ring,Under the sea, under the sea , things are better , when it is wetter, blah blah blah, THATS WHERE IT WENT! right down the hole:yikes:

#8 ·
If you have deeper pants pockets you don't hafta worry about it.

I watched this dudes boost mobile phone glow on the bottom for a good half hour.. :evil:
Oh I have deep pockets but it was pinched to my ear with my shoulder. Watching it slowly drop to the bottom on the sonar was priceless....All I could do was laugh.

My buddy got a kick out of it. He said he could hear a splash in the phone and then everything thing went silent. When it went straight to voicemail after trying to call me back, he knew exactly what had happened.....Hope those fishys aren't using up all my minutes

#12 ·
One phone in the saginaw river, and a brand new battery operated lantern in Higgins lake. The lantern actually got tangled in my line about halfway down and I was able to get up about 30 feet before it tumbled the rest of the way down. Could see the light for about 30 minutes.

#13 ·
Man does that suck, my step dad is famos for knockin his phone in the pool when when he cleans it, I actuall took the foam handle off my dippin net and tied a string to it and gave it to him as an up grade for his phone! I thought it was a good joke but I think I'm going to make one for mine now!:lol:

#15 ·
Tittabawassee River....hot bass bite, gf bitchin on phone, bass start busting bait, hang up phone and set on flip top tackle box...first cast land bass, bass still going crazy, next cast bass rips tube off hook, bass fighting for tube on top of water, quickly flip open tackle box for new tube.....phone does Superman impression.....

....listen to buddy for next 2 hours inform me my phone is still ringing!!!:eek:

Dunked my sonar's battery down the hole a couple days ago too....once again just moving too fast hole hopping and it fell off the crate I had the graph and it on. Luckily I didn't have the battery secured too well to the graph so thats all I lost.

#16 ·
Tittabawassee River....hot bass bite, gf bitchin on phone, bass start busting bait, hang up phone and set on flip top tackle box...first cast land bass, bass still going crazy, next cast bass rips tube off hook, bass fighting for tube on top of water, quickly flip open tackle box for new tube.....phone does Superman impression.....

....listen to buddy for next 2 hours inform me my phone is still ringing!!!:eek:

Dunked my sonar's battery down the hole a couple days ago too....once again just moving too fast hole hopping and it fell off the crate I had the graph and it on. Luckily I didn't have the battery secured too well to the graph so thats all I lost.
I think I'd cry if I lost my sonar down the hole...

#17 ·
dropped my old nextel phone in the betsie river one time while fighting a salmon, lost the fish, reached down and picked up the phone and it still worked like a charm. But i've never lost anything down the hole of any real importance..... Take that back, one time, whle trying to open a beer, the damn thing slipped right out of my hands and down the hole. It just happened so fast..... I'm glad i had more, cause if i remember correctly it was a dismal outing, catching wise, despite the peace offering/sacrifice :D

#18 ·
Yeah I'm right there with ya brother... lost my one week old iphone 4 tonight in st clair! I watched the backlight stay on at the bottom of the lake for about a minute, i was trying to tie my gaff up to a line and try and hook the case, light went out before i could even get the gaff tied to one of my poles. it was already dark out at that point so I couldnt see it at all. I'll be paying full price for a new one in the morning! There goes $500. Had it sitting on the chair in my frabill flip over, u gotta tilt the chair forward to unhook it from the sled and sure enough my phone was sitting on the seat and slid right in like it was planned!

#20 ·
Lost a couple myself, one in the Bay. Recently I took one with me into a pool in Florida. Some Woman seen me jump up on the edge of the pool with it in my hand. She suggested that I shake the water out and put it in a bag of dry white rice and leave it there for a day or two. So I tried it and so far (10 days now) it is still working like new. I don't know if it will eventually corrode inside and quit, but for now it is working. Of course you have to be able to retrieve it to put it a bag of rice, but it's something to think about if it should happen to you.

#21 ·
Yeah I'm right there with ya brother... lost my one week old iphone 4 tonight in st clair! I watched the backlight stay on at the bottom of the lake for about a minute, i was trying to tie my gaff up to a line and try and hook the case, light went out before i could even get the gaff tied to one of my poles. it was already dark out at that point so I couldnt see it at all. I'll be paying full price for a new one in the morning! There goes $500. Had it sitting on the chair in my frabill flip over, u gotta tilt the chair forward to unhook it from the sled and sure enough my phone was sitting on the seat and slid right in like it was planned!
Yea mine was the iphone too but it was the 3G. I'm do for an upgrade in 68 days and they won't let me do it early unless I pay an extra $200. I told them right where they can shove it. Guess it is time to check craigslist for a 3g until I can do my upgrade.

#22 ·
About 5 years ago while fishing near Jerrys marina in Tawas my cousin had a huge laker in the hole next to me, stood up to take a look and the phone slipped right off my lap into the drink. Had to hear my cousin for the next couple hours laughing and calling the phone leaving BS messages.:mad:

#25 ·
#26 ·
Battery for the aquaview at the bottom of crooked lake. Verizon Phone on the bottom of Secord Lake. A tackle box full of jigs and raps on the bottom of saginaw river. Lost a another phone duckhunting this yr retrieving a goose for a buddy and the kayak flipped over and thats on sanford lake...This yr i am trying really hard not to let anything find the bottom enless tethered to the end of my pole

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.