Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd ask here on the ice fishing forum if anyone knew where a guy could donate used fishing gear and even some hunting gear to a good cause, be it Scouts, kids in need, etc? Was going through my hunting and fishing gear and have a lot of used, but working condition hunting clothes, fishing gear etc that I hate to just toss and don't necessarily want to try to sell. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
It would be awesome, if we could start our own sort of "put and take" equipment/clothing program within this site! I think that would be rewarding to all!

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I think that's a great idea! I have a few items. How can we make sure they go to someone in need and not just someone who wants to list them on Craigslist and make a few bucks from our good intentions?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I even have camping gear, ie tents and such that I don't use/need any more. I would really just rather get it to someone who needs or wants but doesn't really have the means to acquire it all.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. Maybe we can get a moderator to sticky a thread for this. Id love to pitch in some goods.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Same here. I would donate items and my time for such an activity. I have 4 Boys and know all too well, the pains of equipping them through the growing years!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts