Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback on dogtra brand e-collars. Good? The bad and the ugly.

I know innotek is not that great. Tri-tronics is the best. Just wondering about Dogtra.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I had one was really bad but i was told it was a fluke I went right to a Tri-Tronics from there

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I know a lot of guys that use collars and put them to the test in the woods beating them up training trial dogs training. Tri-tronics always seems to hold up the best for me and I know many others like them as well. I believe they reach out the furthest in heavy cover also. Dogtra would be my second choice if I had to get another brand. They run a little cheaper but I feel the tri-tronics has proven to me to be the best over many years. I wouldn't buy any other collar than these 2 choices as I have seen nothing but problems with the other brands. Now if your just back yard training you might get away with a cheaper collar, but I wouldn't waste the money.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have used a Dogtra 2000 T&B for 8 months. While I like the unit it has not been trouble free. I had to send the receiver unit in for repair. It still malfuntions once in a while. Next time I'll look at some other manufacturers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've used dogtra for the last two years and haven't had any problems. I initially bought it because I liked the small transmitter. It might depend on your pup also. Mine works fairly close so range isn't an issue and I rarely have take mine off of the low setting to get results. If your dog is a little more hard headed or ranges pretty far I'd probably look at tri tronics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts