Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm Al.

I've only been frequenting this site for a little over a year, but I've had alot of fun in that time. Lots of good people here. I've had the pleasure of meeting a very small handfull of the members in that time. On a couple of occasions we actually went fishing or tied flies, but most of the time it was just spent drinking beer.

I enjoy both hunting and fishing. I live in the Detroit area but I try to spend my weekends/vacation time/holydays/lay-offs/hang-over days/etc. elsewhere. I own a 4 year old chocolate lab named Ernie who is my best buddy, messy room-mate and bird hunting partner for ducks, geese, pheasants and every once in a while grouse. He also enjoys (quite immensly) a bit of bass and/or 'gill fishing every now and then (every chance he gets), scaring the hell out of trout while swiming in the river, playing football, free-style wrestling, chicks and beer.

Without the dog, I really love deer hunting with the bow, shotguns, and muzzle loader, but..........my favorite out-door activity (by a looong shot) is chasing trout, salmon and steelhead with the fly-rod. Probably Trout fishing first and formost, but it's a pretty close race between the three. Other than that, I pretty much just like Fly-tying, playing football and free-style wrestling with Ernie (oh yeah,.... we do some training in between too), a bit of bass and/or 'gill fishing, chicks and beer.

Al

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Al,
Thanks for the update on you! Chocolate labs, as are all labs, great dogs and friends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts