Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
My dog is afraid of it. My dad has one and I bought him a heater pad for the winter. It works really well. The pad is indestructable. The only thing I have had a problem with in the past is the plastic door flaps... Seems to be enjoyable to chew on. I would send you mine but it would cost more to ship than buy a new one.

Ben

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The breeder my dogs came from has gone thru some different options and now has settled into the DogDen2 for all his dogs. Cost ya some cash up front but pays off in the long run. You know my type of dual dogs and they are bigger than any field bred dog you'll ever own and his fit them fine. The doors lock open for summer use and they are indestructible.....even according to the shorthair guys.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I used the Igloo for a lab many years ago. Used it for 5 years (summers), stored it for 5 years and sold it for $35.00. Personally I think there is too much space in them to heat up in the winter months. Bought two the Dog Den 2's last year and have been satisfied with them. If I can get 5 years out of them I'll be satisfied.

Mike

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have 1 igloo and two dogden 2's. The door on the igloo didn't seal at all and let alot of snow in, before it broke half way through winter.The dog dens have been in use for 4 years and still look like I just put them out there.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I have 2 ingloo's and 3 k-9 condos. The condos have the same door as the dogden but mounted on a drum and a set of legs. I agree the issue with the igloos is lack of a good door but they do sell heaters that fit well into them. I am thinking about building a frame around mine this summer and putting a k-9 condo door in the opening, this should be real warm. I also have 4 Scott kennels that i need to finish up the house end on and I am thinking the dogden sounds like the way to go based on the others feedback.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
I have all my dogs in the "Dog Den 2" with the optional heater. Best houses that I have ever had for my dogs. Easy to maintain and clean and the dogs do very well in the winter. Very much worth the money. However, I suppose you can install the "hound heater" in most houses. I'd highly recommend that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.