Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I get home around 530 pm and see those piles of leaves in my yard that need to be picked up if I want to do any hunting this weekend. You know the deal. Fire up the tractor and yard vac throw on my ear muffs and start working. Out of the corner of my eye I catch a flash of brown and its nice young 6 pt walking through my neighbors yard. I'm watching this buck since its the first one I've seen in daylight hours! All of a sudden he stops and puts his head down with his antlers ready to fight. From around the corner of my house comes our Chihuahua charging and barking at the buck. The buck rears up on its hind legs and does a 180 degree turn and is full speed back into the woods with the pest of a Chihuahua hot on its heals. I yell at Buddy the vicious dog who stops, kicks back some dirt with his hind feet and struts back to the house!

God to have had a camera....I laughed at that foolish dog. And at least I saw my first buck when it was still light!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
hah hah hah.
I once watched my brother's dog chase after a cow moose and her calf. The dog got about 10 yards away before the cow dropped her ears back and charged. I think the dog ran towards them at 50mph and ran back to the house at 100! It's funny when they get a napoleon complex and think they're bigger than they really are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts