Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I was sitting having coffee Tuesday AM when a white older suburban went by the house slowly -- then stopped and KICKED OUT this Black Lab!!!! The poor dog chased this truck down the road trying to get back in. My wife jumped in the car to try to get the plate number off this vehicle---couldn't catch it. We got the poor dog and contacted Lab Rescue in Detroit--Took the dog to our Vet to check for ID--none--This is a NICE Black Lab--8 months old--about 65 lbs-- and very playful and friendly. He now is at the Genessee County Humane Society-(810-744-0511)-Up for adoption. My wife and I would have kept this dog but we already have a Chessie and a Brittany--Lab Rescue wasn't much help--So anybody out there that might be looking for a young Black Lab--This dog will make you a great partner. I hope the people who kicked this dog out of their truck ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
I hope the people who kicked this dog out of their truck ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!
X2

Thanks for picking the dog up and trying to help.:)

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
That's horrible, especially at this time of the year. I sure hope someone takes him, poor dog.

A lot of this stuff happens when people divorce or break up, first one of the people involved goes, then the dog that belonged to that person.

That's how I got a Lab about 25 years ago. We called him Bo, and he lived to be 15 years old. He was a wonderful dog.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Sad for sure. Especially at this time of year...ho ho ho :dizzy: Not defending what they did, but the alternative is they could've taken it out to the back 40 and...well you know where I'm going. I have a farmer friend in northern Mich who did that one time...couldn't believe it. Bottom line is to some people, pets are property. To others like my wife and I, they are our kids, and get better treatment than we do ;) I've said it for years...some people shouldn't be parents OF ANYTHING!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
I agree JD.

Karma guys. It'll come around and bite them. (and I hope it's a rabid lab!)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That always bothers me when people do that. Take the dog to a shelter or shoot it, at least if you shoot it it wont suffer out in the cold. Just too let you know I am not condoning shooting unwanted dogs I am just making a point that it would be better to shoot it than to drop it off in the freezing cold hoping someone picks it up.

·
Registered
624 Posts
My wife and I was sitting having coffee Tuesday AM when a white older suburban went by the house slowly -- then stopped and KICKED OUT this Black Lab!!!! The poor dog chased this truck down the road trying to get back in. My wife jumped in the car to try to get the plate number off this vehicle---couldn't catch it. We got the poor dog and contacted Lab Rescue in Detroit--Took the dog to our Vet to check for ID--none--This is a NICE Black Lab--8 months old--about 65 lbs-- and very playful and friendly. He now is at the Genessee County Humane Society-(810-744-0511)-Up for adoption. My wife and I would have kept this dog but we already have a Chessie and a Brittany--Lab Rescue wasn't much help--So anybody out there that might be looking for a young Black Lab--This dog will make you a great partner. I hope the people who kicked this dog out of their truck ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!
Thank you for rescueing this Lab.May you and your family have a great Christmas.
Regards
Jeff
www.marshhawkretrievers.com

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
This kind of thing also happens a lot when people get evicted, or their home gets foreclosed. A friend of mine recently got an 8 month old Springer that had been left in the dog run behind a house when the people moved out. He's a sweet tempered pup, with an absolutely KILLER nose, and he almost starved to death before the neighbor kids (who were trespassing!) found him, fed him, and then got him to the Springer rescue people. It makes you wonder why people decide they "need" a dog in the first place! If you or I were to find ourselves in a position where we had to make a choice between feeding the kids or feeding the dog, we'd agonize over that, and do everything in our power to make sure the dog went to somebody who would care for it! I just cannot fathom treating a family member like that. Those people need to be b!+c# slapped!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It always bothers me that some people are trash enough to do that. And yes, I mean trash. If they had any moral sense about them, they would have taken the pup to the shelter, not dumped him out of the truck. If I ever see someone doing that, and if it is you I will not hesitate to kick your sorry butt. If you are that hard up ask me for help, I will help.

Moral of the story is, some people should not be allowed to breed, let alone be parents of anything.

God Bless you for picking that pup up. And I hope whomever dumped it receives a nice dumping on themselves. May their truck break down, and their heat go out. They don't deserve any better.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
FWIW - I just posted a link to this thread on my Facebook page - somebody, somewhere is going to get a GREAT last-minute Christmas Present!!!!

·
Registered
16,457 Posts

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
This kind of thing also happens a lot when people get evicted, or their home gets foreclosed. ...
And with the level of unemployment we currently "enjoy", many people are in this situation where they lose their job, leading to losing the house, and maybe not having money for food.

But the other factor here is that many shelters won't just accept dogs because they're overrun. And some charge you for dropping an animal off.

Again, not defending what was done. Just saying sometimes good people get in such a mess that they believe they have no other choice.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
And with the level of unemployment we currently "enjoy", many people are in this situation where they lose their job, leading to losing the house, and maybe not having money for food.

But the other factor here is that many shelters won't just accept dogs because they're overrun. And some charge you for dropping an animal off.

Again, not defending what was done. Just saying sometimes good people get in such a mess that they believe they have no other choice.

this might sound mean

but in the weather we have been having it might of been better to shoot it then just drop it off on a country road some place

people are so DUMB

scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts