Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a patio dog door? I have a sliding glass doorwall and am looking at one of those panels with a dog door in it. How well do they work? How well do they insulate? Do you get a draft? With energy prices what they are these days, I am not going to put something in that doesn't seal out the weather very well. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,779 Posts
Howdy-

We had one a few years back.

As it comes, it does a poor job of insulating, so you have to get creative with additions of your own.

If your dog is large or particularly rambunctious, it will likely knock it off the tracks a few times in it's eagerness to get out.

Overall, it beats getting up every time the dog wants out....;)

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
lol,,,said like a true american couch potato. just kidding!
PrtyMolusk said:
Howdy-

We had one a few years back.

As it comes, it does a poor job of insulating, so you have to get creative with additions of your own.

If your dog is large or particularly rambunctious, it will likely knock it off the tracks a few times in it's eagerness to get out.

Overall, it beats getting up every time the dog wants out....;)

·
Super Moderator
11,779 Posts
Howdy-

Not a total c. p., but we've got 3 dogs.

Of course, they can't all go out at the same time; they have to go in shifts....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
We had one for a cat when I was young. It's a little creepy to hear something during the night and find a coon chowing down on the cat food. If you get one, close it at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts