Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone actually use it and notice a difference in birds response? I hunt a waterfowl management unit and I'm always in search of something to give me an edge over the nieghbors..

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Lol never tried it tbh. I believe we hunt that same managed unit. I would take the money you were going to buy plastic corn with and buy a few more full bodies. Jmo but I wouldn't NEVER spend good money on plastic corn? Learn to utilize the cover, call better and set your decoys in different set ups to get the birds to work in better and closer.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda what I figured.. Just remember GHG I believe gave 3 free plastic corns with every 12 shells or something like thAt. Would never buy any would just make some outa something.. Just wondered I always do okay at the farm just like out of the box ideas

·
Registered
43 Posts
You might want to read the rule book. Plastic corn is not legal in Michigan. "Non food imitaions - for example, plastic corncobs - are not prohibited" Page 11

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
You might want to read the rule book. Plastic corn is not legal in Michigan. "Non food imitaions - for example, plastic corncobs - are not prohibited" Page 11
Plastic corn is legal if one so chooses to use it.

From the Guide:
Non-food imitations-for example, plastic corncobs-are not prohibited.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Also I wouldn't waste my money on them. Use that money for gas and hit the fields they're using.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I use sections from power pole covers. I have a big bag I used to use for late season in the snow. They're so hungry they come for a closer look, sometimes the difference in shot/no shot.
But mine was free I'd never buy them

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea that's originally what curiosity read about that in the tips section.. Sounds like I should just make some silouttes instead of wasting time makin fake corn...

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Plastic corn is not legal in Michigan. "Non food imitaions - for example, plastic corncobs - are not prohibited" Page 11
"Not Prohibited" means that it is legal.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Okay I gotta say it Smoke...these are trash chickens we're talking 'bout. need I say more?

Next thing you know someone will be putting blue plastic tarps on the ground with decoys on 'em... :yikes:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Okay I gotta say it Smoke...these are trash chickens we're talking 'bout. need I say more?

Next thing you know someone will be putting blue plastic tarps on the ground with decoys on 'em... :yikes:
Blue platic tarps work for your smart ducks thought D! :lol: I've done it on the ice but used rit dye and bored a hole in the ice to get water to mix it up. Poured it on the ice and set my decoys on it and within 15 minutes I had ducks hovering over the fake water hole! :SHOCKED: It works.

S

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Find something you can cut in 9 inch lengths, and a lot of them. Paint yellow. Get enough so you can mound it up, in big bunches. Might work, ya never know. At the Toad, prolly not. Those geese see everything man can throw at them.

But I wouldn't invest more than a few bucks into the project if I were you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts